Perky Parsleyed Tomatoes
"I was given this delightful recipe many years ago by my mother with a notation, 'Oh, so good!'", says Marie Melchert from Las Vegas, Nevada. "You can make it ahead, and it is so attractive."
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons tarragon or cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each tomato so it sits flat. Cut each tomato into 1/2-in. horizontal slices; reassemble tomatoes, stacking slices on top of each other. Place the stacks in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 20 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 96 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 341mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Perky Parsley Tomatoes in Taste of Home June/July 2007
Jun 29, 2014
Delicious!! I loved these tomatoes.
Jul 2, 2011
I like the dressing and use it with other vegetable dishes I make now. I make this recipe for summer picnics and add fresh mozzarella slices and layer between the tomato.