Perky Parsleyed Tomatoes
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons tarragon or cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each tomato so it sits flat. Cut each tomato into 1/2-in. horizontal slices; reassemble tomatoes, stacking slices on top of each other. Place the stacks in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 20 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 96 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 341mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Jun 29, 2014
Delicious!! I loved these tomatoes.
Jul 2, 2011
I like the dressing and use it with other vegetable dishes I make now. I make this recipe for summer picnics and add fresh mozzarella slices and layer between the tomato.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.