VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons tarragon or cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each tomato so it sits flat. Cut each tomato into 1/2-in. horizontal slices; reassemble tomatoes, stacking slices on top of each other. Place the stacks in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 20 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Perky Parsleyed Tomatoes in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p11
Reviews forPerky Parsleyed Tomatoes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2014
"Delicious!! I loved these tomatoes."
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2011
"I like the dressing and use it with other vegetable dishes I make now. I make this recipe for summer picnics and add fresh mozzarella slices and layer between the tomato."