Perfect Pork Chop Bake
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided, optional
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; cook chops over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Place in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt if desired. Layer with onion, potatoes and carrots. Sprinkle with marjoram and remaining salt if desired.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth; add soup. Pour over vegetables.
- 3. Cover and bake 30-35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until meat is tender.
Jan 19, 2019The meat was tasty, as was the sauce, but the potatoes and carrots were still hard after an hour in the oven. I added some Penzey's Bavarian Seasoning to give the meat more flavour. Either the dish needs a higher oven temperature, a longer baking time, or the vegetables, especially the carrots, need to be pre-cooked.
Aug 12, 2014
I thought it was very tasty, I added some green pepper strips and used seasoned salt instead of regular salt.
Sep 25, 2010
A previous poster noted that this recipe is bland. Taking that into consideration, I omitted the salt and instead stirred one envelope of dry onion soup mix into the milk mixture. My family found the result to be quite tasty. My husband complains pork chops are too often dry and tough. Not these! Super tender.
Apr 17, 2010
This recipe is very bland and does not have much going for it other than tender pork chops. I will not make this again.