Perfect Brunch Omelets
“These omelets are extra good if you make the salsa a day ahead to let the flavors blend.” —Francis Garland ANNISTON, AL.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped red onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each chopped green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, peppers, lime juice, cilantro, garlic and oregano; set aside.
- In a small nonstick skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Add 2/3 cup egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon 1/3 cup tomato mixture on one side and sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Repeat.