Peppy Provolone Slices
Lois Clay of Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania makes this quick-to-fix treat using frozen bread dough. For added flavor, try dipping the slices in either pizza or spaghetti sauce.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 8 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 8 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 1 cup sliced jalapeno pepper rings
- On a greased baking sheet, roll out dough into a 15x12-in. rectangle. Place half of the pepperoni lengthwise in two rows down center third of rectangle. Top with half of the cheese and peppers. Fold one side of dough over filling. Top with remaining pepperoni, cheese and peppers.
- Fold remaining dough over filling; pinch edges and ends to seal. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve warm.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 slices: 531 calories, 30g fat (13g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 1449mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Pepperoni Rolls in Taste of Home June/July 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 2, 2011
I love this recipe!!! Along with the jalapenos I also add diced green chilis for a added kick!
Feb 27, 2010
Good, but a bit bland. I used a refrigerated pizza crust.