Peppy Potato Casserole
Packaged potatoes give me a head start preparing this pizza-like dish. Pepperoni adds just the right amount of spice.—Joanna Goodman, Conway, Arkansas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) scalloped potatoes
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 24 pepperoni slices
- 4 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the tomato sauce, water and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Add potatoes with contents of sauce mix. Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spoon over potatoes; top with pepperoni.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Top with cheeses. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 455 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 1392mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Peppy Potato Casserole in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.