Peppy Parmesan Pasta Recipe
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 package (3 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or salt-free seasoning blend, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a serving bowl, combine the tomato, pepperoni, olives, cheese, oil, salt if desired and garlic powder. Drain pasta; add to the tomato mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 360 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 613mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Peppy Parmesan Pasta
"Loved it...Next time I would break pasta in half before cooking..Had to add a little more olive oil.."
"This was good. We are not much for pepperoni, so I substituted lean ham and some Tabasco sauce. We found the servings generous for five people. Next time I will try it with whole-wheat pasta or spaghetti squash or perhaps a mixture of the two."