Peppy Bean Bake
What's great about this casserole is that you just throw it together and pop it in the oven. While it's baking, I can unwind from work and spend time with my two children. If company's coming, I just use two cans of everything!—Paula Roberts, Russellville, Arkansas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) vegetarian baked beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) vegetarian chili with beans
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed nacho tortilla chips
- In a bowl, combine the baked beans, kidney beans, corn, chili and jalapenos. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese and chips. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 373 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 882mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 13g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Peppy Bean Bake in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.