VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (16 ounces) vegetarian baked beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) vegetarian chili with beans
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed nacho tortilla chips
- In a bowl, combine the baked beans, kidney beans, corn, chili and jalapenos. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese and chips. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Peppy Bean Bake in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p221