Peppery Pizza Loaves
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 loaves (8 ounces each) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced jalapenos, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in garlic powder and salt.
- Place each bread half on a large piece of heavy-duty foil. Spread with cheese sauce. Top with beef mixture, mushrooms, onions and jalapenos. Drizzle with tomato sauce. Top with Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Freeze option: Wrap and freeze loaves. To use, unwrap loaves and thaw on baking sheets in the refrigerator. Bake at 350° for 18 minutes or until cheese is melted. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 323 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 907mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 15, 2017
Real salty, I mean salty! Wont be making this again! Most of it went went in the garbage can!
Aug 6, 2016
I was hungry for pizza tonight, but I made this recipe instead. It was excellent, tasted even better than take out pizza.
Sep 14, 2015
This pizza was so easy and so good. My daughter and I had so much fun making it and eating it. I took the suggestion of pairing it with sweet red wine. Glad I did. It was awesome!
Oct 15, 2014
I liked this recipe but thought it was a little labor intensive so not sure how often I'll make it.
Oct 18, 2012
Easy to make and my kids absolutely love these.
Oct 1, 2012
Made this tonight, tasted great. Few things are off though, there wasn't quite enough meat and mushrooms to go around all the loaves. Will use more next time. I used cut up velveeta instead of the cheese spread, it worked out great. Will use less of it next time, as was a bit salty. All in all this recipe was great as it was, will make again :)
Jan 10, 2011
I made this last night. It was a big hit. Both my parents said it was good. It was easy to make, but very messy. I would definitely make this again, but next time, I think I would use crescent rolls rather than the French Bread. I also found the cooking time to be a little off.
Apr 22, 2010
I made this for a happy hour. It's perfect since it can be done ahead of time and just popped into the oven while everyone visits. I did half with the peppers and half without for the weak eaters. Everyone LOVED it! It was gone as soon as I put it out.