Peppery Philly Steaks
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) whole green chilies, drained and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 French or Italian sandwich rolls, split
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add peppers and onion; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in salt, chilies and pepper mixture; heat through.
- Spread butter over cut sides of rolls. On roll bottoms, layer steak mixture and cheese; replace tops. Place in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; cover tightly with foil. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 473 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 650mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 11, 2012
Thank you Edie for a delicious and quick recipe. I actually used a frozen pull apart steak that I get at Costco, to make it even quickier & easier for me. I also didn't use the green chilies. Everyone enjoyed & I am passing this recipe on to my daughter.
Jan 2, 2012
Great flavor for a quick philly type sandwich. Will do again.
Dec 17, 2010
All I had were hotdog buns and it worked out great...this was pretty good for a quick recipe!
Aug 3, 2009
I love this recipe. I cut it in half for 2 people. It's good, easy, and fast.