Peppery Philly Steaks
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) whole green chilies, drained and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 French or Italian sandwich rolls, split
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add peppers and onion; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in salt, chilies and pepper mixture; heat through.
- Spread butter over cut sides of rolls. On roll bottoms, layer steak mixture and cheese; replace tops. Place in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; cover tightly with foil. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Jul 11, 2012
Thank you Edie for a delicious and quick recipe. I actually used a frozen pull apart steak that I get at Costco, to make it even quickier & easier for me. I also didn't use the green chilies. Everyone enjoyed & I am passing this recipe on to my daughter.
Jan 2, 2012
Great flavor for a quick philly type sandwich. Will do again.
Dec 17, 2010
All I had were hotdog buns and it worked out great...this was pretty good for a quick recipe!
Aug 3, 2009
I love this recipe. I cut it in half for 2 people. It's good, easy, and fast.