Peppery Parsnip Fries Recipe
- 8 medium parsnips, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Cut parsnips lengthwise into 2-1/2x1/2-in. sticks. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add parsnips, a few sticks at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. Line two 15x10x1-in. baking pans with foil; coat the foil with cooking spray. Place parnsips in a single layer in pans. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until tender, turning several times. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 156 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 6g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Reviews for Peppery Parsnip Fries
"I really like these! Unfortunately the hubby and 10 yr old did not. Oh well, I WILL make them again."
"These are a good alternative to french fries, sweeter. I like the hint of nutmeg. I found it easier to coat these in a bowl than in a bag, which wasn't sticking very good."
"These are AMAZING! Make them now!~ Theresa"