Peppery Parmesan Bread
I rely on my bread machine to make the dough for this rustic bread. Serve slices with olive oil for dipping or with butter.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 25 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (12 slices)
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- In bread machine pan, place the first 11 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When the cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Shape into an 8-in. round loaf. Place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Slash top of loaf with a sharp knife; brush with cold water. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 116 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.