Peppery Herbed Turkey Tenderloin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min.
- 3 turkey breast tenderloins (12 ounces each)
- 1 cup dry white wine or apple juice
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 6 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Pat tenderloins dry; flatten to 3/4-in. thickness. In a small bowl, combine the wine or juice, onions, parsley, 4 teaspoons oil, garlic, rosemary and thyme. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain turkey, and discard marinade. Sprinkle turkey with pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt. In a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey in remaining oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until turkey reaches 165°. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, reserved marinade and remaining salt until smooth; pour into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Slice turkey; serve with sauce.
Editor's NoteIf using the broth instead of wine, add 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or cider vinegar to the marinade.
Nutrition Facts5 ounce: 258 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 476mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 41g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 6 lean meat, 1 fat.
Aug 3, 2013
I certainly liked this dish, I just wasn't in love with it. Turkey and the sauce both had good flavor. I served them over buttered egg noodles. I may or may not use this recipe again but it is a good use of turkey.
Jul 24, 2012
was really surprised at the amazing flavor as some turkey dishes can lean towards bland. I didn't have parsley but did have cilantro so substituted and we grilled the marinated turkey, really really good!!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.