Peppery Herbed Turkey Tenderloin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min.
- 3 turkey breast tenderloins (12 ounces each)
- 1 cup dry white wine or apple juice
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 6 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Pat tenderloins dry; flatten to 3/4-in. thickness. In a small bowl, combine the wine or juice, onions, parsley, 4 teaspoons oil, garlic, rosemary and thyme. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain turkey, and discard marinade. Sprinkle turkey with pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt. In a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey in remaining oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until turkey reaches 165°. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, reserved marinade and remaining salt until smooth; pour into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Slice turkey; serve with sauce.
Editor's NoteIf using the broth instead of wine, add 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or cider vinegar to the marinade.
Nutrition Facts5 ounce: 258 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 476mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 41g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 6 lean meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 3, 2013
I certainly liked this dish, I just wasn't in love with it. Turkey and the sauce both had good flavor. I served them over buttered egg noodles. I may or may not use this recipe again but it is a good use of turkey.
Jul 24, 2012
was really surprised at the amazing flavor as some turkey dishes can lean towards bland. I didn't have parsley but did have cilantro so substituted and we grilled the marinated turkey, really really good!!!!