Peppery Grilled Steaks
Coarsely ground pepper adds the perfect amount of spice to flank steaks. We enjoy this grilled entree year-round.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 beef flank steaks (about 1 pound each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine vinegar, oil, mustard, garlic, onions, pepper, thyme, rosemary and salt; add steaks. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat for 6-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
Originally published as Peppery Grilled Steaks in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.