Peppery Corn Salad
This zippy salad is easy to fix from pantry staples. "If there's a farmer's market on your route, you can pick up fresh ingredients in season," says Suzanne McKinley of Lyons, Georgia.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash garlic salt
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 105 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Peppery Corn Salad in Country Discoveries Premiere 2000
Jun 23, 2012
I say I would make this recipe again, but I made my own changes. In only used half a red pepper, used 1/2 cup of onion, and about a tbs. of chili powder and sliced stuffed green olive (about 15 or so). Everyone loved it.