Peppery Cheese Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + rising Bake: 45 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/3 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dissolve yeast in water. Add the sour cream, egg, sugar, salt and 2/3 cup flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky). Fold in cheese and pepper. Do not knead. Divide in half. Place in a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 134 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 9, 2011
very nice bread that is easy to mix up in the morning. Took into work and it was devoured. Will definitely make again.
Jan 14, 2011
Love this bread! So easy to make. Taste is great. Leftovers lightly toasted and spread with a small amount of butter, delicious. Will make again.