- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed and halved
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, pepper and cayenne. Stir in water and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in hot oil for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Using a slotted spoon, remove meat and set aside. Add the peppers and garlic; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the snow peas and mushrooms; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir soy sauce mixture and add to vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in beef and linguine; heat through.
1-1/3 cups: 388 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 879mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.