Peppery Beef Roast
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender. Thicken cooking juices if desired.
Nutrition Facts6 ounce-weight: 198 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 518mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
Jun 1, 2015
This is the only way I fix roast now. It is so full of flavor. I have shared it with many of my friends, too. Love it!
Oct 17, 2011
We loved it because it was peppery but not hot. Lots of flavor. The leftovers and juice can make a great roast beef hash later on.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.