Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup spaghetti or pizza sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, roll each loaf into a 20x8-in. rectangle.
- Place one rectangle on a greased baking sheet. Spread spaghetti sauce in an 18x4-in. strip down the center. Sprinkle with oregano, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. Fold long sides of dough up toward filling; set aside.
- Cut the remaining rectangle into three strips. Loosely braid strips; pinch ends to seal. Place braid on top of the cheese; pinch braid to dough to seal. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 265 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 657mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 27, 2014
We did this using a taco version - ground beef, taco seasoning and mexican cheese. AMAZING! Thank you!
Dec 25, 2009
At the top of the recipe, it says to bake it 30 minutes.
Dec 25, 2009
Bake for 3 minutes?