There's a surprise inside this golden braided loaf - a flavorful pizza-like filling. I served the stromboli for our daughter's special "going to school" fifth grade party not long before she began kindergarten. The children loved it - and I have found so do adults! -Leslie Miller, Butler, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 19 Stromboli Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup spaghetti or pizza sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, roll each loaf into a 20x8-in. rectangle.
- Place one rectangle on a greased baking sheet. Spread spaghetti sauce in an 18x4-in. strip down the center. Sprinkle with oregano, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. Fold long sides of dough up toward filling; set aside.
- Cut the remaining rectangle into three strips. Loosely braid strips; pinch ends to seal. Place braid on top of the cheese; pinch braid to dough to seal. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Pepperoni Stromboli in Taste of Home August/September 1998, p37
Reviews forPepperoni Stromboli
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review