"My husband, Nathan, first made these zippy 'taco pizzas' for me after we go engaged," relates Annalee Wadsworth of Fallon, Nevada. "I was very impressed with his cooking. Now, 12 years and six kids later, fast recipes like this one are in demand at our house."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack or mozzarella cheese
- Shredded lettuce and picante sauce
- Divide pepperoni among the tortillas; sprinkle with cheese. Place one tortilla at a time on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, at 50% power for 30-40 seconds or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce and picante sauce; fold in half.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 358 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 820mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Pepperoni Quesadillas in Quick Cooking January/February 2003