- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise*
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) ripe olives, drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped stuffed olives
- Crackers, breadsticks and/or French bread
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until edges are bubbly and lightly browned. Serve with crackers, breadsticks and/or French bread. Yield: 6 cups.
Reviews forPepperoni Pizza Spread
"My husband and I LOVED this (I cut it in half for just the two of us). I do think it was a little heavy on the green olives, and that's coming from someone who loves green olives. Next time I'll back off a little on that. This is a great recipe because you can tweak it to suit your tastes. We used pieces of flat bread and spooned the pizza spread on top. I'm definitely making this again."
"I have made this more times than I can count. It is a fantastic appetizer and simple to prepare. There is never any left, and people always want the recipe. We serve it with multi-grain Scoops."
"I plan to make this this weekend - sounds sinfully delicious, would have given it 5 stars if not for my question: just counting the # of cups in the ingredients, the amount will come to waaaay more than the 6 cups printed. I will plan to use a 13 x 9 dish, if not larger. Any other similar observations about the amount?"
"We Have This Every Christmas"
"The best dip I've ever made. Everyone loves it!!"
"I have this recipe in a cookbook I wrote, and it's rated number 1 appetizer requested for parties! I brown my pepperoni to get some of the grease out and then drain it on papper towels. I also use Canola Mayonnaise for less fat. This is the best recipe ever!! Just ask the Coke girls in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin!!"
"I have made this recipe a couple of times and it was a hit. I am wondering though, if I have all the ingredients mixed up, can I freeze it and bake it later?"
"Make this all the time when we have guests over, or even when we don't. I have never changed a thing when making. Always a hit!"
"I have been making this since 2004, everyone loves it. I don't add the mushrooms. I also have chopped the onions, peppers, and the olives then freeze until ready to use, then add the rest of the ingredients and bake..."
"I make this recipe usually as a Christmas appetizer or for special events, and it's always a big hit."