Pepperoni Pizza Pita
"With its no-fuss pita crust, this pizza makes a quick meal for one," says Jeannette Derner of Newport News, Virginia. "And if you're serving a family individual pizzas are perfect—everyone can choose their own toppings!"
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1 whole pita bread (6 inches)
- 6 pepperoni slices
- 2 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Spread pizza sauce over pita bread. Top with pepperoni, mushrooms and cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 275 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 756mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Originally published as Pepperoni Pizza Pita in Taste of Home June/July 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.