Pepperoni Pizza Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups julienned green pepper
- 1-1/2 cups julienned sweet red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 ounces turkey pepperoni, halved and sliced
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, diced
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the onion, peppers and garlic in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add stewed tomatoes and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the pepperoni, diced tomatoes, salt and pepper; simmer for 2 minutes. Drain pasta; add to the tomato mixture. Add cheese and toss well. Sprinkle with pepper flakes if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 213 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 585mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Sep 1, 2013
My husband and I love this recipe. We make it when the kids make their pizzas and all are happy.
Jan 14, 2010
This is very tasty! My husband liked very much! I will definitely make it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.