"My father-in-law loves pizza toppings and grilled cheese sandwiches, so my mother-in-law and I came up with this recipe that combines the two," says Stacie Simpson of Florence, Texas. "These are great with ranch dresssing, too."
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons chopped smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash salt and pepper
- 4 slices white bread
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and microwave on high until heated through. Spread two slices of bread with meat mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- Cook in a preheated sandwich maker according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Pizza Sandwiches in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p11
Reviews for Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review