- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon pizza seasoning or Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, pizza sauce, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, pepperoni, green pepper, pizza seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until chili reaches desired thickness. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forPepperoni Pizza Chili
"Very good. Added a pound of bulk sausage meat and used a can of chili with beans instead of the kidney beans."
"I'm glad I tested this recipe-I honestly felt that the recipe could've been more flavorful! I used ground turkey instead of ground beef for health reasons & browned the turkey in 1/4 cup vegetable oil in a large saucepan. I had substituted a 24-oz. jar of Marinara sauce since I didn't have pizza sauce. I'd omitted the tomato sauce, but used the Italian stewed tomatoes, kidney beans, water, salt, Italian seasoning, 1 WHOLE green pepper. I substituted a 3-oz. summer sausage from Hickory Farms since I didn't have pepperoni on hand. This was good and I did enjoy it! Thank you for sharing! ( Please note that it WAS NOT the ground turkey needing more flavor!) delowenstein"
"This recipe was a nice change from traditional chili recipes! We added sour cream as well as cheese to the final product......mmmmmm!"
"I'm a big fan of chili and every Friday night by family does pizza themed food. This I had to try for Friday and it was very delicious! I will definitely be doing this again!"
"I just won a chili cook-off with this recipe!!! Super good!"
"I made this for a family reunion, it was a huge success. I tripled the recipe and the pot was empty in no time."
"easy & flavorful!~ Theresa"
"No one in my household would take a second bite. Even my 6 six yr old that loves pepperoni pizza and loves chili thought it was terrible."