Kids usually love anything with the word "pizza" attached to it, so I came up with this top-you-own pizza burger recipe. It adds variety to "pizza night" at our house and even goes over well with us "big kids". —Robin, Kornegay Seffmer, Florida
Recommended: Pizza-Flavored Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 pieces frozen garlic Texas toast
- 1-3/4 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup pizza sauce, divided
- 18 slices pepperoni
- 12 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 6 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Sliced green pepper and ripe olives, optional
- Prepare Texas toast according to package directions. Meanwhile, shape beef into 12 thin patties.
- Top six patties with 1 tablespoon pizza sauce, three slices of pepperoni, and one slice of mozzarella cheese. Top with remaining patties; press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute mushrooms in butter.
- Top burgers with remaining pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve burgers on Texas toast with mushrooms, olives, Parmesan cheese and peppers and olives if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Burgers in Backyard Living July/August 2004, p18
Reviews forPepperoni Pizza Burgers
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2012
"Yummy, yummy, yummy"