Kids usually love anything with the word "pizza" attached to it, so I came up with this top-you-own pizza burger recipe. It adds variety to "pizza night" at our house and even goes over well with us "big kids". —Robin, Kornegay Seffmer, Florida
Recommended: Pizza-Flavored Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (11-1/4 ounces) frozen garlic Texas toast
- 1-3/4 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup pizza sauce, divided
- 18 slices pepperoni
- 12 sliced mozzarella cheese, divided
- 6 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- Sliced green pepper and ripe olives, optional
- Prepare six Texas toast slices according to package directions. Save remaining Texas toast for another use. Meanwhile, shape beef into 12 thin patties. Top six patties with 1 tablespoon pizza sauce, three slices of pepperoni, and one slice of mozzarella cheese. Top with remaining patties; press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute mushrooms in butter. Top each burger with a rounded tablespoonful pizza sauce and one mozzarella cheese slice. Cover and cook 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top prepared Texas toast with green pepper slices if desired, burgers, sauteed mushrooms, olives and Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Burgers in Backyard Living July/August 2004, p18
Reviews forPepperoni Pizza Burgers
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2012
"Yummy, yummy, yummy"