Pepperoni Pizza Bread Loaf
"This flavorful bread is delicious by itself," assures Rena Malek of Dubuque, Iowa. "But my husband likes to spoon a little pizza sauce on a slice, sprinkle it with mozzarella cheese and microwave it until the cheese melts."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
Makes1 loaf (1 pound)
- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1/4 cup chopped canned mushrooms
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In bread machine pan, place the first 10 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the pepperoni, mushrooms and cheeses.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 86 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Pizza Bread in Quick Cooking November/December 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.