"This flavorful bread is delicious by itself," assures Rena Malek of Dubuque, Iowa. "But my husband likes to spoon a little pizza sauce on a slice, sprinkle it with mozzarella cheese and microwave it until the cheese melts."
Recommended: Pizza-Flavored Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1/4 cup chopped canned mushrooms
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In bread machine pan, place the first 10 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the pepperoni, mushrooms and cheeses. Yield: 1 loaf (1 pound).
Originally published as Pizza Bread in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p34