These tasty taters were a spur-of-the-moment recipe I created from leftovers! It's a true mash-up meal that combines two dinnertime favorites into one super-fun meal. —Dawn E. Lowenstein, Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
Recommended: Pizza-Flavored Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 medium russet potatoes (about 8 oz each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/3 cup mini sliced turkey pepperoni
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Fresh oregano leaves or dried oregano, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Pierce several times with a fork. Microwave, uncovered, on high until tender, 12-15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms, pepper and onion until tender, 6-8 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in pizza sauce and pepperoni; heat through.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet; cut an "X" in the top of each. Fluff pulp with a fork. Top with vegetable mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 5-7 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with oregano. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pepperoni Pizza Baked Potatoes in Simple & Delicious December/January 2018