Refrigerated dough keeps these snacks fuss-free. They're great all by themselves...or try them with a simple antipasto of peppers, olives and cheeses.—Josephine D. Piro, Easton, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 50 Kid-Friendly Meals (That Aren't Chicken Nuggets)
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes plus 1 teaspoon oil from the jar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pepperoni
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon water
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, combine tomatoes and their oil, pepperoni, cheese, rosemary, water, garlic powder and pepper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14x10-in. rectangle. Spread tomato mixture lengthwise over half of dough.
- Fold dough over filling: press edges to seal. Cut widthwise into fourteen 1-in.-wide strips. Fold each strip in half; twist two or three times. Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 14 cheese twists.
Originally published as Pepperoni Cheese Twists in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p42