Pepperoni Cheese Ravioli
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen cheese ravioli
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, diced
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute mushrooms, pepperoni and onion in butter until onion is tender. Stir in tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, basil, oregano and cayenne; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Drain ravioli; toss with cream sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 412 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 802mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 5, 2011
This is a great recipe to use if dress up plain old ravioli. It is very quick and the sour cream compliments the sauce nicely. I left out the mushrooms and onion. I would suggest using a 15 oz. can of tomato sauce or a 14 oz. can of pizza sauce. I did not have any cheese ravioli on hand so I used beef filled ravioli. It was just as good and I added 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese to the mixture as well. If you are using cheese ravioli- try mixing in 1 pound of cooked ground beef. You could also try using less pasta if you will add the beef. Very easy and quick- good recipe for last minute dinners.
Jul 27, 2011
This is very tasty! However, I doubled the amount of sauce ingredients, expecting it to be enough for 2 bags of frozen ravioli. It definitely wasn't. Tasted great with turkey pepperoni.~ Theresa
May 8, 2009
Good recipe. My changes: I used a 9 ounce package of fresh cheese tortellini, and half the pepperoni, chopped the onion and it was perfect. I can't imagine using as much pasta as this recipe calls for.