- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 30 slices pepperoni
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Stir in eggs, Parmesan cheese, sour cream and Italian seasoning. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake 10 minutes.
- Spread with pizza sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; top with pepperoni and olives. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPepperoni Casserole
"I made the recipe exactly as written. I give this 4 stars for ease of preparation but 2 stars for taste. It's a snap to put together (you really can have this done & on the table in 30 minutes). But the flavor just wasn't there for us. It reminds me of spaghetti pizza, with a "crust" of pizza & then pizza toppings. With tweaking the spices it could be better, but I don't think I'll try this again."
"This was decent tasting but not our favorite. It seemed a little dry."
"This was so good and so easy! For me it tasted more like lasagna with pepperoni on top but I didn't mind! I had to cut the recipe in half because that's all the elbow mac I had in the pantry. My husband and I ate all of it, and wished we had leftovers. Next time I'll know better and buy enough elbow mac! Oh and I didn't change a thing. Tasted awesome! I will definitely make this again.Update: made the full amount tonight, but with mini farfalle. I don't think 1.5C of mini farfalle yields the same as elbow. If doing mini farfalle I would suggest doing the full 2C. Still delicious though!"
"easy, yummy and taste just like pizza. I add mushrooms, peppers and onions....but that is what we like. Add anything you want or delete what you do not want. You will love this!!!"
"Did not use olives. My family was pleasantly surprised."
"Loved this easy pizza tasting dish. I used eggbeaters instead of eggs, low fat sour cream, reduced fat mozzarella cheese and turkey pepperoni with a lower salt content and of course whole grain pasta. It is great in a pinch if you don't have time to thaw out some meat for a meal last minute too. Add some veggies or salad on the side and good to go any time."
"This has become one of our favorite meals! Always delicious, and very easy. I leave out the black olives, as my kids don't like them. I have made this several times in the past month. It's a keeper!"
"this is good and easy to make, kids love it i made it without the back olives! will make again!"
"I used the same toppings that I would use on regular pizza and everyone loved it. I would make it again."