Guests won't be ale to stop from popping these cheesy filled pepperocinis into their mouths while mingling at your party! Bacon lends a slightly smoky flavor.—Connie Barszcz, Elmvale, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (32 ounces) pepperoncini, drained
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion in the drippings.
- Transfer to a small bowl; add cheeses and bacon. Stir until blended. Stuff pepperoncinis with cheese mixture. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 77 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 337mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Pepperoncini Poppers in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.