Guests won't be ale to stop from popping these cheesy filled pepperocinis into their mouths while mingling at your party! Bacon lends a slightly smoky flavor.—Connie Barszcz, Elmvale, Ontario
Recommended: 75 Comfort Foods with 5 Ingredients Max
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (32 ounces) pepperoncinis, drained
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion in the drippings.
- Transfer to a small bowl; add cheeses and bacon. Stir until blended. Stuff pepperoncinis with cheese mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Pepperoncini Poppers in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p9