"My family comes from a very hop part of Italy, so chilled pasta salads are always a big hit," notes Rosemary Morgan, Pacifica, California. "To top off this light meal, I suggest taking a walk after dinner with your loved ones." Pepperoncini gives the dish zip, and olive oil dressing add Mediterranean flavor.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups cooked small shell pasta
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup whole pitted ripe olives
- 1 cup pepperoncini, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, olives and pepperoncini. In a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pepperoni Pasta Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p45