Peppermint Puff Pastry Sticks
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups crushed peppermint candies
- 10 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold pastry sheet. Cut in half to form two rectangles. Cut each rectangle crosswise into 18 strips, about 1/2 in. wide. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. Place crushed candies in a shallow bowl. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway in coating; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with peppermint candies. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
1 cookie: 89 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 31, 1969
These are so simple and delicious! I brushed the puff pastry with an egg wash before putting in oven for golden color. Lots of possibilities - I used crushed peanuts for some and others the crushed peppermint.
Dec 29, 2012
p.s. I didn't cook for 12 to 15 min....kept a close eye and it was closer to 10....but some people may need to get their ovens recalibrated...
Dec 29, 2012
Very easy, I substituted crushed peppermint for coarse sugar crystals and toffee bits. Yummy.
Dec 25, 2012
what part of this recipe is diabetic friendly? the sugar laden candy coating or the peppermint??
Sep 26, 2012
really? 400 degrees for 15 minutes?