Peppermint Patty Ice Cream Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 6 chocolate-covered peppermint patties (1.5 ounces each), chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring, optional
- Split cake into three horizontal layers; place bottom layer on a serving plate.
- In a bowl, combine ice cream, peppermint patties, pecans, extract and a few drops of food coloring if desired. Spread a third of the mixture over bottom cake layer. Top with a second cake layer and another portion of ice cream mixture; repeat layers.
- Cover and freeze for up to 1 month. Remove from the freezer just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 0g saturated fat (0 sugars, 0 fiber).
Dec 11, 2011
My family loves this done at Christmas time but I use the peppermint candy ice cream. when it's ready for the freezer, I put a carton of cool whip over the entire cake. Absolutely to die for!
Dec 14, 2010
I used peppermint candy ice cream instead of vanilla. Left out the pecans because of people with allergies to nuts. When it was put together I froze it and just before serving I put a coat of cool whip over the cake and added some mint hershey kisses on top. It was a huge hit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.