- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 6 chocolate-covered peppermint patties (1.5 ounces each), chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring, optional
- Split cake into three horizontal layers; place bottom layer on a serving plate.
- In a bowl, combine ice cream, peppermint patties, pecans, extract and a few drops of food coloring if desired. Spread a third of the mixture over bottom cake layer. Top with a second cake layer and another portion of ice cream mixture; repeat layers.
- Cover and freeze for up to 1 month. Remove from the freezer just before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forPeppermint Patty Ice Cream Cake
"I used peppermint candy ice cream instead of vanilla. Left out the pecans because of people with allergies to nuts. When it was put together I froze it and just before serving I put a coat of cool whip over the cake and added some mint hershey kisses on top. It was a huge hit."