Peppermint Patty Cheesecake
Our Test Kitchen captures the coolness of winter in this rich and refreshing dessert. Lower in fat and cholesterol, it's an indulgence you can afford!
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 1 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 5 whole crackers)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 12 chocolate-covered peppermint patties, divided
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheeses until smooth; beat in milk and extract. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Coarsely chop eight peppermint patties; toss with flour. Stir into batter. Pour over crust.
- Bake at 325° for 32-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Cut remaining peppermint patties into quarters; arrange on top of cheesecake. Remove sides of pan before cutting.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 228 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Peppermint Patty Cheesecake in Light & Tasty December/January 2008