- 1-1/2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extact
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (13 ounces) chocolate-covered peppermint patties
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Spread about two-thirds of the batter in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Arrange peppermint patties over top. Carefully spread remaining batter over patties.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from sides of pan and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (top will appear uneven). Cool completely before cutting. Yield: 2 to 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forPeppermint Patty Brownies
"I think these are my favorite brownies. I have tried the cheap peppermint patties, but the York Peppermint patties are the best. I have also tried peanut butter cups, but the peppermint patties are so much better."
"Have made these a lot. So good."
"As others have said, I also had to bake mine longer than specified. I used Andes Mint instead of peppermint patties because family likes them better. I also cut down the sugar just a tad."
"Make this recipe a couple times a year--it's just too rich to make more often (but we'd like to!) We've also made it with peanut butter cups instead of peppermint patties. Just awesome! I do bake them about 45-50 minutes."
"I had the same difficulty as the previous poster--the patties sunk to the bottom and glued themselves to the pan. I'm hoping I can salvage it."
"I took these to a pot luck at work and they didn't last long. They are so rich that you could easily cut them into smaller bars and still be satisfied. If you don't like peppermint, then these bars aren't for you."
"Fantastic, needs a little longer in the oven...but was a def. hit!!"
"Always a hit wherever I take it. It takes longer to bake than posted."
"Always a hit wherever I take it."