- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract
- 3 pounds confectioners' sugar
- 3 pounds chocolate confectionery coating
- In a large mixing bowl, combine milk, butter, extract and sugar. Mix well. Form into 1/2-in. balls and flatten into patties. Freeze for 30 minutes. In a double boiler or microwave, melt half of chocolate coating at a time; dip patties. Allow to harden before storing. Yield: 12-13 dozen.
Reviews forPeppermint Patties
"This was so dry it would not mix. I added 3 oz. of cream cheese and it worked out much better. I also added 5 tsp. of peppermint extract because when you dip them in chocolate, it loses some of the flavor. With those changes, I have made these the past 2 years and everyone loves them."