Peppermint Fudge Truffles Recipe
These candy-coated bites always stand out among my holiday goodies. No one can resist the creamy fudge and refreshing peppermint flavor. —Tracy Travers, Fairhaven, Massachusetts
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 1-1/2 cups peppermint crunch baking chips, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt milk chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in the frosting, 1/2 cup peppermint chips, walnuts and extract. Cover and chill for 30 minutes or until firm enough to form into balls.
- 2. Coarsely chop remaining peppermint chips. Shape chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in chopped chips. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips.
Reviews for Peppermint Fudge Truffles
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2012
"Do you think you can use chopped candy canes for this recipe?"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC