Peppermint Fudge Truffles
These candy-coated bites always stand out among my holiday goodies. No one can resist the creamy fudge and refreshing peppermint flavor. —Tracy Travers, Fairhaven, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 1-1/2 cups peppermint crunch baking chips, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt milk chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in the frosting, 1/2 cup peppermint chips, walnuts and extract. Cover and chill for 30 minutes or until firm enough to form into balls.
- Coarsely chop remaining peppermint chips. Shape chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in chopped chips. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips.
Originally published as Peppermint Christmas Fudge in Country Woman Christmas 2007