Peppermint Fudge Truffles
These candy-coated bites always stand out among my holiday goodies. No one can resist the creamy fudge and refreshing peppermint flavor. —Tracy Travers, Fairhaven, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 1-1/2 cups peppermint crunch baking chips, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt milk chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in the frosting, 1/2 cup peppermint chips, walnuts and extract. Cover and chill for 30 minutes or until firm enough to form into balls.
- Coarsely chop remaining peppermint chips. Shape chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in chopped chips. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips.
Originally published as Peppermint Christmas Fudge in Country Woman Christmas 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.