Peppermint Fudge Brownies
This is a delicious brownie dressed up with creamy peppermint frosting and drizzled with chocolate ganache. —Heidi Farnworth, Riverton, Utah
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons plus 5 teaspoons heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 to 2 drops green food coloring, optional
- Prepare and bake brownies according to package directions. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring 3 tablespoons cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar, extract, remaining cream and food coloring if desired. Beat until smooth. Frost brownies. Drizzle chocolate over top.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 407 calories, 22g fat (7g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Peppermint Chocolate Bars with Chocolate Ganache in Reminisce Extra March 2011