Peppermint Eggnog Punch
With peppermint ice cream, this is almost more of a dessert than a beverage! —Marjorie Jane Watkins, Eugene, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 quart peppermint ice cream, softened
- 4 cups eggnog, chilled
- 1 cup rum or 2 teaspoons rum extract, optional
- 2 cups carbonated water, chilled
- Miniature candy canes, optional
- Set aside a few scoops of ice cream to use as a garnish. Place the remaining ice cream in a large punch bowl; stir in the eggnog and rum or extract if desired. Add carbonated water. Top with reserved ice cream scoops. Serve with candy canes if desired. Serve immediately.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 167 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Peppermint Eggnog Punch in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005
Nov 16, 2013
I made this punch with Strawberry Ice cream instead and put fresh frozen strawberry's on top. My family really thought it was great.RuthanneSpringfield, Or.
Dec 21, 2012
The host of a Christmas Cookie Exchange made this for her event. Very good!