Peppermint Chocolate Malt
I'm a retired teacher and an avid recipe contest entrant. I concocted this recipe, and my family and friends love these thick and minty malts.—Carol Gillespie, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cups chocolate milk
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons malted milk powder, divided
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Crushed peppermint candy and variegated mint leaves, optional
- In a blender, combine the milk, 2 cups ice cream, 1/3 cup malted milk powder, chocolate syrup, extract and cinnamon. Cover and process until smooth. Pour into five chilled glasses. Top each with a scoop of the remaining ice cream. Sprinkle with remaining malted milk powder. Garnish with candy and mint if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 422 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Peppermint Chocolate Malt in Country Woman January/February 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.