Peppermint Chocolate Cookies
This recipe has been in our family for the past 40 years. It doesn't seem like Christmas if we do not make these cookies.—Deborah Paugh, Fostoria, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- In a small bowl, cream butter and 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in crushed candies.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Lightly press a chocolate chunk into each ball.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 93 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.