Peppermint Chocolate Almond Crisps
Peppermint, chocolate, lemon and almonds give these cookies a delightful holiday flavor. My husband's office staff love these cookies, and I make sure to send a plate every year. —Jamie Seifert, Windermere, Florida
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + standing Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Chopped candy canes and almond slivers, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place cookie dough in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature 15-20 minutes to soften. Add flour, almonds, zest and extract; beat until blended.
- Divide dough in half. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12x2-in. rectangle. Bake until golden brown and crisp, 20-25 minutes. Cool on pan 2 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Transfer baked rectangles to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut into 1-in. slices.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each biscotti into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. If desired, sprinkle with candy canes and almond slivers. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store between pieces of waxed paper in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 135 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as peppermint chocolate citrus almond biscotti in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.